Wednesday, December 12, 2012

layout change

As everyone who reads this will immediately notice, I did a bit of a re-work on the blog's appearance. I really liked the old layout/theme, but I wanted to add a few things that that layout couldn't handle.

Aside from the complete color scheme overhaul (I've always been a big fan of dark backgrounds with lighter text), I have added a few new items to the right-side menu. The one I'm most excited about is the "Popular Posts" section - this will show the 3 most-viewed posts I have, so you can see which things other people have liked and make sure to check them out.

There are two other new boxes which you will hopefully find useful as well. The first is a "Subscribe by Email" option, which (if I set it up correctly) will email you to notify you of a new post. The other is a search function for the blog so you can find previous items.

If anything isn't working right for you, please let me know! Sometimes there are kinks to work out in a new layout.

No comments: